Preparing the talk for Mastermind Podcast, these are my notes about Web Services quick testing 101:
- Step 1: Download and Install Joomla 4 Alpha 7
- Step 2: Notice that there two new plugin groups: api-authentication and webservices
- Step 3: Notice that there two new plugins: API Authentication - Basic Auth and Web Services - Content
- Step 4: J4 A7 has API Authentication based on Http Basic Authentication. So, yes, you have to configure .htpasswd to test the API. Ref: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/htpasswd.html
- Step 5: Of course, if you are a little bit lazy, you can go straight to plugins/api-authentication/basic/basic.php, and change the authentication or create your own plugin.
- Step 6: Create an article and access the REST API for the Content component. For instance: http://mytest.com/api/index.php/v1/article/1
For more information:
To the moon!