After many years of build extensions for Joomla with traditional tools like bash scripts or Phing, I have started a project Extly's Buildfiles for Joomla to modernize my personal Toolbox for Joomla extension development: anibalsanchez/extly-buildfiles-for-joomla.
The key features of the project are:
- Powered by Webpack to build and support the development workflow
- Support for any type of Joomla extension: component, CLI files, template, etc.
- Flexibility, to exclude and customize the package merely deleting folders or customizing the build template files.
- Template files to create the manifests
- Translation files to automate the translation management.
- A Library, to pack Composer libraries or any other library.
- Support of mobile apps, progressive apps or single page apps (App folder)
When the project started, I forked it from joomla-extensions/boilerplate, with the idea of submitting a PR to improve the original project. However, the addition of scripts to manage the package and control the extension has increased the complexity beyond what a user would expect from a boilerplate project.
Feel free to clone, fork, use it or propose improvements. To the moon!