In general, Akeeba backups are infallible. I'm used to moving backups between servers blindly, with the kickstart restore or the Unite command line. However, MySQL GEOMETRY fields are a hard case. It seems that MySQL 5.6 - MySQL 5.7 transitions are rough.
Restoring a backup on a MySQL failed due to a POINT field. After searching, it seems that there's no solution, and a POINT field can't be exported and imported between MySQL versions.
# Failed with error: 1416 -- Cannot get geometry object from data you send to the GEOMETRY field
In this particular case, I'm lucky. The extension (JCalPro) that uses the POINT field also stores the original Latitude and Longitude. So, the POINT field "latlng" can be reconstructed with:
A couple of weeks ago, Tailwind team has released 1.0.0-beta.1. Tailwind has been growing exponentially, and the step of defining a stable API is an important milestone in the road.
I have created a template for Joomla that implements Tailwind CSS. Now, it is time to publish the second version of the template that empowers this blog: anibalsanchez/XT-Tailwind-for-Joomla v2.0.0
Preparing the talk for Mastermind Podcast, these are my notes about Web Services quick testing 101:
- Step 1: Download and Install Joomla 4 Alpha 7
- Step 2: Notice that there two new plugin groups: api-authentication and webservices
- Step 3: Notice that there two new plugins: API Authentication - Basic Auth and Web Services - Content
- Step 4: J4 A7 has API Authentication based on Http Basic Authentication. So, yes, you have to configure .htpasswd to test the API. Ref: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/programs/htpasswd.html
- Step 5: Of course, if you are a little bit lazy, you can go straight to plugins/api-authentication/basic/basic.php, and change the authentication or create your own plugin.
- Step 6: Create an article and access the REST API for the Content component. For instance: http://mytest.com/api/index.php/v1/article/1
For more information:
To the moon!
At the end of 2018, I promised myself to continue renewing the tools that I used to develop sites and apps. Tailwind CSS is positioned as a new utility-first CSS framework for rapidly building custom user interfaces. In search of new modern techniques for Joomla, Tailwind falls naturally in this category for Joomla.
Beyond the basic definition, we can discover the answer to the question What is Tailwind CSS? In the words of one of its creators, Adam Watham.
- PHP-Prefixer / Product Manager
- PHP-Prefixer is an automated online service powered by a complex rule-based system to apply prefixes to Composer dependencies.
- Extly Tech / Team Leader
- Empower your project with our web solutions. Today, working on Laravel, Amazon AWS, and Ionic. A Joomla Volunteer.